Saturday, January 3, 2009

First Gocco Project - Coo Coo, take me home!

This is my first Gocco print job on fabric. Bella helped out with the drying station. Thanks to Gabriel who did the research on pigeon calls. I did the drawing freehand with a Gocco-supplied marker pen. {Please click on picture for close up}



As I need to take my dirty laundry home, I thought I would make a laundry bag with this silkscreen design. Once again, Bella came through with some beautiful "fat quarters" for me to experiment with. I chose this burnt orange color scheme and some red ribbon as the ties.

We set the color in the dryer on high for 20 minutes. Both the tea towel and the laundry bag is sewn on a Singer home machine.

I am always fond of pigeons. Any urban dweller can observe this bird in its natural habitat without any special equipment - the easiest and cheapest form of bird watching. They are especially lively in spring time.

I also would like to point out that it is not fair to compare pigeons with rats. Rats do not use your head and shoulder as toilets. Please, don't call them flying rats!

~May



No comments:

Post a Comment