Saturday, March 28, 2009

Read My Palm - The Future Is Handmade

I need some new aprons for my work shop to run with my slab roller. Once again, I take out my sewing machine and my silkscreen squeegee.


The fabric is 7 gm cotton canvas. I also used 4 yards of half inch cotton twill tape in sage green for the binding. The neck band is some natural colored cotton twill tape I salvage from a shopping bag handle.

Below is the apron spread eagle. The motif here is "The Future is Handmade", hand screened by me.



Below is the twill tape details. I have re-enforced the ends in multiple reversed zigzag stitches.



Another version in "Coo Coo, Take me Home" a.k.a Mid Town Manhattan Flâneur. I have salvaged the neck band from a Royal Air Force key chain.



Below is the pattern. It is a very easy project. I hope you enjoyed my versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment